Oct 30, 2018
We are hosting multiple free seminars to cover topics related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that will impact you. Please review the topics, dates, and time. Registration details are below.
2-hour seminars focused on business owners will be held in November in two locations:
- Monday, November 12th from 2 – 4 pm (check-in begins at 1:30) in Coralville at the Radisson Hotel Conference Center in the Kinnick Room.
- Thursday, November 15th from 2 – 4 pm (check-in begins at 1:30) in Cedar Rapids at the Cedar Rapids Downtown Public Library in Beems Auditorium A.
Topics will include:
- Section 199a - 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction
- Changes to allowable meals and entertainment deductions
- 21% corporate tax rate for C corporations
- Bonus depreciation, Section 179 and other depreciation changes
- Changes to like-kind exchange rules (example: vehicles)
A 3-hour seminar will be held Thursday, December 6th from 1 – 4 pm (check-in begins at 12:30) at the Kirkwood Hotel in Ballrooms A and F. This seminar will cover topics focused on individuals, real estate owners, and business owners. Topics will include:
- An abridged discussion of the above topics
- Section 199a – 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction for real estate owners
- Itemized deductions versus standard deduction
- Changes in tax rates
- Family tax credits
- Withholding tables
- Alternative minimum tax changes
- Other important changes
To register, please contact Jody Thies via email at email@example.com or call her at 319-364-2945 in Cedar Rapids or 319-339-4884 in Iowa City. Provide your name, email address, phone number, business name, if applicable, and which session(s) you plan to attend.